Your browser is not compatible with the features of this site.

This site is not compatible with browsers older than Internet Explorer 10.

Please Contact Us for more ordering options:

It looks like your browser currently has cookies disabled
Please enable cookies to continue

Acceptable Forms of Identification

One (1) Primary or Two (2) Secondary IDs are required:

Primary Photo ID is required to establish proof of the identity of the person requesting a protected vital record. Acceptable forms of Primary Identification are:

  1. Driver’s License
  2. State Issued Photo ID
  3. Passport
  4. Tribal ID with DOB and Expiration date
  5. Military ID with DOB and Expiration date
  6. Matrícula Consular card issued after October 2006 and not currently expired
  7. Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card
  8. Veterans Administration Issued Photo Medical Card

If your driver’s license has an extension sticker on the back, submit a copy of both sides. If expiration is no more than six months old, ONE ADDITIONAL document showing your name and your current address that matches what is listed on your application will be needed.


If the expiration date is more than six months old or you do not have a valid photo ID, you will need TWO pieces of documentation with your name, one of which must show your current address, to prove your identity . ONE piece of documentation can be a bill (electricity, cellular phone, water) or other mail. The OTHER piece of documentation must be one of the following items:

  1. Medical/car insurance card
  2. Credit card statement
  3. Bank statement
  4. Paycheck stub with imprinted information
  5. Public assistance card
  6. Voter’s registration card
  7. EBT Link Card (Illinois Electronic Benefit Transfer)

NOTE: Social Security Cards are not acceptable

A Matrícula Consular card issued after October 2006 and not currently expired is acceptable on its own. However, if issued prior to October 2006, you will need to submit ONE additional documentation showing current address as noted above. If you do not have any of the items listed above, you will need to submit a copy of a current utility bill (electricity, cellular phone, water) showing your name and your current address.

If you are currently incarcerated, you can submit a dated copy of your prison intake/offender summary sheet containing your photo. If you have been released from prison within the last six months, a copy of the release papers along with the prison photo ID is acceptable. Please note that the release papers MUST show an address that you have been released to that matches the address you are using with this office.

If you are a State, Federal Agency or a Hospital, you may submit a copy of your work photo ID badge. The badge MUST have a photo, name, name of the Agency and an issue and expiration date along with any supportive paperwork required for the request. If your work ID does not meet the requirements, a copy of your government issued photo ID, Drivers License or Passport must also be included.