Oklahoma Vital Records
Online Processing

Please Note:

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, birth and death certificate orders may be delayed. Please check your status page frequently, as delivery times may fluctuate in response to any new developments. Thank you for your patience, and please Click Here for updated information regarding COVID-19.

What would you like to order?

Birth Certificate

Death Certificate

Certificates are official, raised seal long form certificates issued by the state.

They are accepted by all state and federal agencies.

There are three ways to order a vital record:

1.  Online

  1. Fill out the online order form found here
  2. If you have not supplied all the supporting documentation after checkout, please do so by clicking here

2.  By mail

  1. Print and fill out the necessary form(s) which can be found here
  2. Mail the form(s) to the appropriate vital statistics unit, which will be listed on the application form, along with your payment (check or money order)
    If you have questions regarding this method, please click here

3.  In person

  1. Visit a branch (click here to find the location nearest you)
  2. Bring an acceptable form of identification
  3. Pay the fee (cash, check, money order, credit or debit)


  • Birth: $15 (additional copies are $15 each)
  • Death: not currently available

Our transaction fee starts at $14, but may vary depending on the delivery method.

Identification is required to establish proof of the requestor’s identity to ensure that they are qualified to obtain the record.The requestor must be able to provide identification in accordance with one of the following options:

  • One form of primary photo ID (Driver's licenses/State IDs) may be expired up to 3 years)

  • Two forms of secondary ID

Primary Photo IDs - Submit a legible photocopy of ONE of the photo IDs listed below:

  1. U.S.-issued driver’s license
  2. U.S. Passport
  3. Foreign-Issued Passport with Visa (I-94)
  4. United States of America B1/ B2 Visa/ Border Crossing Card; Form DSP-150
  5. Government-Issued Military Photo ID (VA photo included)
  6. Tribal Photo Identification Card containing the bearer’s signature
  7. Oklahoma Self-Defense Act (SDA) License or OK Concealed Carry Permit
  8. Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
  9. Employment Authorization Card (Form I-766)
  10. Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)
  11. Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688)
  12. Oklahoma Department of Corrections Consolidated Record Card (CRC)- must be presented in person
  13. Photo ID Card from any of the following: Oklahoma public, private, or parochial secondary school (subject must be age 19 or younger); Oklahoma institute of higher education or technology center school


Secondary IDs - Submit legible photocopies of TWO forms of ID listed below (at least one must show the requestor’s current mailing address where the certificate will be mailed):

  1. Pay stub or W2
  2. Bank statement or utility bill with name and current address
  3. Signed Social Security Card or SSA record earnings statement with name and current address
  4. U.S. Selective Service Card
  5. Copy of official police report related to the theft of ID with name and current address listed
  6. School photo ID with a report card or other proof of current enrollment
  7. Oklahoma lifetime hunting/ fishing license
  8. Marriage certificate (certified English translation, if applicable)
  9. Separation or divorce judgement
  10. Car registration, title, or security verification form issued to the applicant with current address
  11. Benefit statement from DHS, WIC or SSA with name and current address listed
  12. Non-Oklahoma DOC ID cards with release/discharge papers showing name and current address
  13. Official Change of Address Notice letters from United States Postal Service (USPS)
  14. Voter’s Registration Card with current name and address listed
  15. Oklahoma Department of Corrections Consolidated Record Card (CRC); if the subject of the record is currently incarcerated, the application should be made through the DOC Case Manager

The following can order a birth certificate:

  • Self (if 15 years or older)
  • Parent (must be listed on the certificate)

The following should be able to provide legal documentation supporting the relationship or reason for the request:

  • Legal Guardian
  • Adoptive Parent
  • Representative with power of attorney
Please note:

Due to the ongoing disruption related to COVID-19, orders will be delayed. The situation is rapidly evolving; therefore, we are not able to provide any definitive delivery estimates at this time. As staff and resources permit, orders will be processed in the order in which they were received and based on delivery type. We apologize for the inconvenience, but very much appreciate your patience. For more information, please Click Here.